Sunday, May 6, 2012

Windows 7 In Old Customized PC

Our office just upgraded all our workstations to Windows 7. It was good at the beginning but I feel it is going better and better as I get familiar working knowing where and which is the correct button to click for setting and performing specific task...

After the upgrade to the company,  I decided to get my own copy of Windows 7 (ultimate for me, enterprise is what we have in the office) and install it to my 4 year old AMD custom built computer, so I will have the same system in the office at home. I am hoping that this will fast track my familiarization stage with Windows 7. My computer specs:

  • Processor: AMD X2 Dual Core
  • Motherboard: MSI
  • RAM: 3GB
  • GPU: built-in
  • Previous OS: Windows XP SP2

With my computer specification, I know that Windows 7 will run just fine without so much bloatwares installed so I am keeping it clean as possible. This idea is backed up with Windows 7 systems requirements:

  • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM
  • HDD: 16 GB available hard disk space

The idea is confirmed! My customized build is "just" fine with it. :)

So your old computers may still work with Windows 7 and be able to perform it's basic function just do not install or remove bloatware and keep it clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment